Perfect ways to Citizenship for You Now in Australia
As Australian citizens, and travel to the country of origin and come back to Australia as the citizen whenever you wish. Australia allows dual citizenship, that is, you can retain your present passport then nationality and keep your Australian passport.
Requirements for Citizenship
You can apply for Australian citizenship if you meet the following criteria:
- The individual has been the holder of a definitive visa (temporary or permanent) that allows him to be in Australia for a minimum of 4 years;
- He has lived physically in Australia for at least three years out of the last four (they are cumulative);
- He has been the holder of a permanent residence visa for at least 12 months prior to the citizenship application; Y
- You have not left Australia for more than 3 months in the last 12 months prior to the request.
- You must understand the duties as an Australian citizens, you must not have a criminal record and you may have to make an assessment for citizenship.
Children of Permanent Residents
The children of an Australian permanent resident born in Australia are Australian citizens. The children of an Australian permanent resident born abroad do not have a visa for Australia. If this is your situation, or you adopted a child from abroad; your child needs to apply for an Australian visa. If you need to know how to apply for australian citizenship then the below option is the best one for you.
The children of Australian citizens born abroad can be registered to be Australian citizens by descent.
Strategies to obtain citizenship
The following table shows one of the possible ways to obtain Australian citizenship.
Step by step guide
- Student and Work Visa
You can enroll in a study course in your country of origin and apply for a Student visa whenever you wish. A Student and Work visa allows you to study in the Australia and work for 20 hours a week during the school semester and work full time on vacation. You can stay through your studies with a job.
Upon completing your second year of studies, you can apply for a graduate visa, a temporary or permanent visa depending on your eligibility. In australian citizenship this is important now.
- Graduate Visa
You and your family can apply for a Graduate visa upon completing your 2 years of study in Australia. A graduate visa lets you live and work anywhere in Australia for 18 months without any restrictions.
This visa gives you the opportunity to work in your occupation for 12 months and thus apply for a provisional or permanent Qualified Migration Visa.
- Permanent Visa
A permanent visa allows you to live and work in Australia, study in Australian schools and universities paying the same cost as an Australian citizen, have access to public hospitals and free health services, buy a house, travel between Australia and your country, sponsor to family members to migrate to Australia. These are the factors that you can be sure of now.