Fine Opportunities for the Proper Migration processes
The Points Test is a selection system used by the Australian authorities to choose qualified immigrants who possess the personal and professional attributes necessary to contribute to the development and growth of the Australian economy.
It functions as a transparent and objective process by which points are assigned to candidates to migrate to Australia as skilled workers according to certain skills and abilities that are considered relevant. If the applicant reaches the minimum required score, they will be eligible for the visa on demand. If you need know how to apply for skilled migration visa then the options come here.
Anyone who aspires to be favored by the Australian Skilled Migration Program must pass the Points Test.
The key factors evaluated in the point system are:
- The level of English
- The technical degree or qualification of the applicant’s occupation
- The academic level reached by the applicant.
In addition, additional points may be awarded for work experience in Australia or proficiency in languages other than English.
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship of Australia has the power to set the minimum score required, which may vary.
As of July 1, 2012, Australia set a minimum threshold of 60 points to apply for any of the following visas:
- Independent Qualified Worker Visa, category 189 (Skilled – Independent, Subclass 189)
- Visa for Qualified Worker with Nomination, category 190 (Skilled – Nominated, Subclass 190)
- Temporary Visa for Qualified Worker in Regions, category 489 (Skilled Regional Provisional visa, Subclass 489)
Points for studies in “Regional Australia”
If there have been studies in the so-called Regional Australia and the candidate shows the necessary documentation that proves it:
If the applicant has studied for at least 2 academic years in one or more areas of the so-called “regional Australia” or in one of the metropolises with low population growth then you will have to ask your agent how many points do I need for a visa?
The areas that are considered “regional Australia” are:
- All the region of New South Wales, except Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast and Wollongong;
- All the Victoria region, except the city of Melbourne;
- The entire Queensland region, except Brisbane and Gold Coast;
- The entire Western Australia region, except Perth;
- The entire South Australia region, including the city of Adelaide;
- The entire Tasmanian region;
- The entire Northern Territory region
Points for professional experience in Australia
If you have accumulated work experience in Australia, the following points should be calculated:
The applicant must have completed 1 year of work experience in Australia under the Australian government’s professional development program aimed at engineers, accountants and IT professionals, called the Professional Year. The applicant must submit an evaluation.
Points by domain of languages other than English:
The domain of other languages is taken into account.
The applicant must be accredited to the National Accreditation Authority of Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) as a paraprofessional interpreter or translator between English and another language.
Points for the abilities of the spouse
The spouse, husband or partner by common law adds points for the evaluation of the main applicant.
If the spouse also meets the basic requirements of age, language proficiency, academic qualifications, and occupation on demand (revalidated by the Australian authority).